IMP Methodology - Accelerating the Time to Market
Since 2004, asset management firms have turned to IMP for high quality results. Throughout that time, our team of experienced consultants have worked collectively to build a core governing methodology, based on a record of proven success and industry best practices backed by a collection of real artifacts, shared learning tools and knowledge repositories. This means that when you hire IMP, you don't just hire the team that arrives in your office - you gain access to a deep pool of resources and experiences, from the trading desk to compliance to the back office.
The end result? Our clients experience at least a 30% reduction in project time to completion. How does IMP accomplish that? Our clients never start from scratch; they don't waste valuable project time and resources in recreating the wheel; they don't throw money at a project that is set to go wrong from the start; and they don't pay for their consultants on-the-job training on how the front office works. Instead, our team is made up of Portfolio Managers and Compliance Officers from Fortune 100 investment firms, Implementation Managers, Product Managers and Software Engineers from the world's leading software providers – and they come armed with ready-made roadmaps and an end-to-end understanding of the platforms and systems.
Consistency, Transparency and Accountability
IMP's Core Methodology was designed to help accelerate projects in an efficient and organized manner, with a focus on high value and high performance outcomes. The methodologies and artifacts developed by IMP's team is at the "core" of every single engagement, so that our clients can rest assured that they are benefitting from the following advantages throughout the entire lifecycle of each project:
- Transparent Communication
- Disciplined Planning
- Thorough Requirements Analysis
- Effective Testing
- Controlled Migration
- Smooth Transition to Client Support
IMP's Methodology is driven by six key components:
- Scoping: Process to effectively plan, deliver, and kick-off our client's critical projects
- Analysis: Process to properly conduct requirements gathering, interviews, workflow analysis, and data analysis
- Project Management: Process to manage project using best practices and best of breed tools and artifacts
- Testing: Process to plan, organize, and execute unit testing, use case testing, and organized QA/UAT/Parallel testing
- Migration: Process to plan, organize, and execute all tasks in the migration process
- Maintenance: Process to plan, organize, and execute all tasks in the post-go-live environment
In addition to our Core Methodology, IMP has developed additional methodologies to execute projects within the IMP Practice Areas to implement specific systems.
Click here to see an overview of systems where IMP has direct experience.