IMP Enhances Existing OMS With Custom Modeling Tool
Client: A Growing Asset Management Firm
- Client Need: A custom application to help the client overcome trade-modeling shortcomings of the well-known and widely used order management system (OMS) employed by the client.
- Why IMP Was Chosen: IMP has a proven track record of enhancing the well-known OMS—a byproduct of the depth of IMP’s industry expertise, including on-staff investment management and systems programming experience.
- IMP Solution: After IMP team members with investment management expertise analyzed the modeling needs of the client, IMP system architects built a custom tool that allowed the client to model the following:
- Multiple definitions of cash (placed orders vs. filled orders)
- A single account’s trading activity across multiple portfolio
managers and multiple baskets
- Rebalancing scenarios
- Outcome: IMP significantly upgraded the client’s portfolio management capability by improving the speed, accuracy and breadth of its modeling abilities. IMP’s custom tool prevented the client from making a significant investment in a new OMS.