System Evaluation & Selection for Market-leading Trade Order Management & Compliance, Performance and Accounting Systems
If your firm is thinking about purchasing, upgrading or converting your Trade Order Management & Compliance, Performance and/or Accounting systems you know that the all-encompassing process of evaluating and selecting new systems can become a long and winding road, rife with potential pitfalls and costly mistakes. Many times, vendors will promise expertise across multiple areas in order to make the sale - leaving busy technology teams tempted to skip a more in-depth validation of the vendor’s real capabilities, including its resources and qualifications.
A recent IMP survey confirms that when asked about the biggest lessons learned in the implementation process, 50% of respondents said that they would conduct a Proof-of-Concept (POC) before signing a contract the next time around. Clients who understand the value in dedicating the proper resources up front, but don't have the time to do it themselves turn to IMP to:
- Leverage implementation experience with market-leading systems
- Quickly reduce the field to only viable products/vendors
- Gain access to IMP’s extensive library of use cases
- Accelerate Proof of Concept (POC)
Our Four-Step Approach to System Evaluation
1. Understand the current market - We bring industry knowledge & implementation experience to the table and know how to ask the right questions: What products are available? What do the vendors’ clients say? What do peer firms use successfully? What are the relative costs?
2. Identify what is most important to your firm - We’ll help you to evaluate your firm’s processes to answer questions such as: What are best practices? What are the “Must Have’s”? What is the desired future state?
3. Rate the products & compare - We’ll help you keep demos on-track and work with you to create customized use cases, so vendors show you what you need to see—not just what they like to show. Easy-to-use checklists help your team follow the demos and rate the vendors’ product features and gaps versus your requirements.
4. Make a recommendation - Your recommendation will be based on real information, not sales pitches. You and your team can be confident that your detailed analysis and understanding of the best solutions will translate into a successful outcome for your firm.
IMP Consultants have hands-on experience with market-leading Trade Order Management, Performance and Accounting Systems
Sample Systems Expertise:
- Bloomberg AIM™
- Blackrock Solutions Aladdin™
- Black Mountain Systems©
- Charles River Development® (CRIMS)
- Fidessa/Latent Zero Tesseract and Minerva™
- Linedata® Services, Longview Trading System™ and Linedata® Compliance
- SS&C Portia™
- SS&C Advent Rules Manager™
- Barclays POINT®
- Bloomberg PORT
- Market® Wall Street Office (WSO)
Contact IMP to learn more about IMP's System Evaluation & Selection services.
Submit your email address to receive a follow up from one of IMP's systems experts.